General Discussion     Tech Questions     Parts & Services     Suggestions/Ideas     Help & Website Instructions     Blogs    

The Project

http://forum.aths.org/Topic121627.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By HeavyKenny - Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:15 PM
Hey all,

So I"M just thinkin use this as a random Q&A kinda improtu techincal/idea/suggestion. block that I'll update as I start to pull wrenches. Guess first things off is electrical right now is stripped and I want to hold off too many plans til I find out what I exactly got. So this will be quiet for the first bit here but hopefully in a month I'll either hear it run or start looking for other powerplant options.
By HeavyKenny - Tuesday, September 20, 2011 6:34 AM
Well its looking promising, finally got around to taking 2 weeks off work and aready Kenworth coming along. It is starting with much better ease now and responive throttle responce and sounds good. Its holding oil and water so now I guess next battle is to get mobile... hook up air system get parts for steering and find and attach a battery box.

Here is a video of it running and getting a couple higher revs. I'm still not sure if its a big cam or small cam I know its rated at 350, thought that made it a big cam but it sounds more like a small cam to me at least.

http://s753.photobucket.com/albums/xx171/Ryanmark7/?action=view¤t=IMG_0129.mp4
By Billytwostick - Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:48 AM
Keny you sure its not a 335 there wasnt too many 350 around then.

if it is a big cam it will be cast in to the block usually on the passenger side of the block  my dad had a 72 cornbinder with a 350 in it but just small cam  a friend of his had a 70 western ster it was a 335 so just a guess based on what I saw when I was young...
By HeavyKenny - Sunday, September 25, 2011 7:47 AM
I agree, but my engine is newwer then the truck the engine tag says it was made 10/77, also says rated hp350 is what I going off of.
By wayne graham - Sunday, September 25, 2011 12:47 PM
Kenny, look on the drivers side between the oil pan and the cam followers near the back and it will be cast in the block in bigg letters (BIG CAM). They started production in 77 but don't remember the month. I have a 77 pete that has the original small cam but I bought a new KW in 77 late that had a big cam. you will only have to look also the cam follower boxes are wider on the big cam. hope this helps. Wayne.
By HeavyKenny - Tuesday, October 04, 2011 4:54 PM
Well sanded, primed and painted cab. Little surprised fibreglass roof.

By Eddy Lucast - Wednesday, October 05, 2011 3:51 AM
Always good to see progress.
By HeavyKenny - Friday, April 13, 2012 3:56 PM
well I'm back its been as usual a busy and cold winter but I got the 2nd week of may booked off so i'll finally get more tinkerin done. Over the winter got my steering linkage all set in place. I ordered a repo'd battery box lid and will fabricated the box itself, i have a couple sheets of stainless Steel at my disposal, got a pile of airline fittings and about 150feet of line. i planning of picking up some etch primer for the frame... what else i forget?
By HeavyKenny - Friday, June 08, 2012 5:14 PM
Uhhh lookie what I made! I guess I'm not making a show truck but I think don't look too bad

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx171/Ryanmark7/064.jpg