General Discussion     Tech Questions     Parts & Services     Suggestions/Ideas     Help & Website Instructions     Blogs    

C&H Transportation of Dallas, TX

http://forum.aths.org/Topic123131.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Robert J - Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:46 PM
Does anyone know what happened to C&H Transportation of Dallas, Texas?
By 359er - Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:05 PM
C&H=Cold and Hungry!  Only what I have heard, never worked for them.
By Krooser - Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:08 PM
I always heard it was Cute & Horny.... but those guys always did like to brag.

i think they were well regraded... I ran with lots of their drivers and, like many others of the era, they were pretty professional.
By glenn akers - Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:29 PM
I worked on their trucks here for more than15 years or starting around 71 and till they sold. I whish all carriers was like them.I had a good relation with them because if i had not started a job the yard man would ask for me to work on their trucks.Alot of the yard equipment that would not come to the shop was done by me after hrs.Their choice running gear was three speed rears on hendricks rubber blocks or air bad hendricks. Iam talking about the air bags that went inplace of the rubber blocks.No springs.In the eary 70s i remenber they bought Bell transportion of tex.I do not know would bought them or if that was what happened. I never did hear that they had money problems.Alot of 290 cummins with jakes and some 350 engines.The Bell trans let them have some 3000 whites with 220 cummins in them.
By rigandig - Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:17 PM
I worked for C&H from the early 70's thru '78. Left there and went to Keen for a year and then to F&B truck Lines. My ex FIL was terminal manager at Joliet for years. He started with C&H in the 50's. Quick story on him. He was near full blooded Cherokee. Hated cigarettes. In Springfield , IL one night, in a bar, drunk, doing what he loved to do,,,,peein in a cigarette machine. The law was called, and he whipped the entire police dept before the patrons pitched in and helped out. I think at that time they entire force was maybe 5 or so officers. Well, they threw him in the hoosgow, and were well on their way to railroading him to prison when C&H stepped in and furnished him a lawyer. They got him out, and off, and for that he remained loyal to them until he had a stroke in '76. They kept him on payroll for a few years until he reached retirement age. Good company.

C&H was caught up in that anti-trust deal where the gov't stepped in and made the owners split the companies up. I think they had bought up around 13 of the major heavy haulers. Jeff Crowe/Landstar obsorbed them into Landstar when all that took place. I'm not sure of the particulars and inner workings of what went on but there are or were a lot of the old C&H drivers leased to them.

They were a good company to work for.

Is not all I have, but all I have time to tell right now.
By Michelle Cole - Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:48 AM
I remember them well. We had a couple of trucks leased to J.H. Rose and they hauled a lot of oil field the same as Rose did. I was just by thier old terminal in Houston last week and was also wondering what happened to them. Their Houston terminal was located over near Hobby air port.
By Mark Brubaker - Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:01 PM
Was Dallas-Mavis connected to C&H in some way,,, or did I dream that?
By John Woge - Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:04 PM
rigandig (5/12/2011)
I worked for C&H from the early 70's thru '78. Left there and went to Keen for a year and then to F&B truck Lines. My ex FIL was terminal manager at Joliet for years. He started with C&H in the 50's. Quick story on him. He was near full blooded Cherokee. Hated cigarettes. In Springfield , IL one night, in a bar, drunk, doing what he loved to do,,,,peein in a cigarette machine. The law was called, and he whipped the entire police dept before the patrons pitched in and helped out. I think at that time they entire force was maybe 5 or so officers. Well, they threw him in the hoosgow, and were well on their way to railroading him to prison when C&H stepped in and furnished him a lawyer. They got him out, and off, and for that he remained loyal to them until he had a stroke in '76. They kept him on payroll for a few years until he reached retirement age. Good company.

C&H was caught up in that anti-trust deal where the gov't stepped in and made the owners split the companies up. I think they had bought up around 13 of the major heavy haulers. Jeff Crowe/Landstar obsorbed them into Landstar when all that took place. I'm not sure of the particulars and inner workings of what went on but there are or were a lot of the old C&H drivers leased to them.

They were a good company to work for.

Is not all I have, but all I have time to tell right now.

Did you remember a man named Russ Koah.  He was a small slender man and lived in NW Pa. and leased to C&H in this '67 KW. He sold the KW in the mid 70s and went on company trucks for a few years...until retirement. IIRC....his home terminal was in North Lima, Ohio.

Here's a photo of his KW when it was new. He only stayed on USAC a short time after the photo was taken...and switched to C&H.

Russ was our neighbor and this was the first KW I got to ride in

John

By rigandig - Friday, May 13, 2011 1:06 PM

Michelle, Now there's a place to bring back memories. Used to be a Mr Blevins that was terminal manager there , and the head dispatcher was a guy named Eddie. when komatsu first started importing construction equipment to the US C&H had a deal with them to move the units from the docks into storage on their yard there by Hobby. Everytime I went to Houston I filled my time with dock work, and if tha wagon wasn't full, it wasn't loaded. Lots of memories there .

Mark, I don't recall Dallas & Mavis ever being associated with C&H.

Robert, I believe I have one of those somewhere, but I'm sure somebody will grab that one up. Probably some old Gray Headed truck driver that used to work there. LOL Thanks for posting the info. For a bit of history, C&H stood for Cookston & Harrington. They founded the company in 1950 or 51. When I worked there a man named Howard Smith was president. Also a Lady named Iris Seger was there. She had started with them from the beginning and was a good friend to me. There used to be a get together every year in East Texas, but I think that has gone by the wayside , like a lot of other things have over the years.

John, I don't remember the name. The loads in the  pictures were their loads. It was taken in the blizzard of '77 in Cleveland. Half of an overhead crane for Manitowoc's new facility they were building at that time. Actually, the O/H crane half was a load from the North Lima Terminal. The other was one of many I did out of Manitowoc. I felt like a CF driver on a dedicated run after about 6 months of that.
By Old Hand Now - Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:08 AM
Wow, I just stumbled across this site when I did a search on C&H Transportation Co.I know it's dated 2011. I went to work for them as a 21 year old green horn and ended up buying 5 different brand new trucks with them and was leased to them until the day they closed their doors. I also bought a new Siebert 9 axle trailer in 86 and was on the Heavy Hauled division till the end. I have many memories with them and made some of the best friends I ever had ...guys that worked for C&H. Matter of fact a buddy called me 2 weeks ago from east Texas just to shoot the breeze, we met at a drill rig unloading drill pipe from Houston up in northern Wyoming in 1977 and have remained friends . IMO... From the mid 70's up until about 1990 it was great to be a Trucker! All the Fun, money !!! and just good times with good people on the road I am glad I was a part of it and would give anything to have it back ! C&H....Cold n Hungry....Cheatin- Husbands.....Cowboys n Hippie's.....Cheap n Heavy call us what you want but we were ...King of the Road ...
By 359er - Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:32 PM
does anyone have some nice pics of C&H trucks to post? I would like to add them to my collection. Thanks
By Mackdaddy - Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:19 PM
Old Hand Now (3/11/2014)
Wow, I just stumbled across this site when I did a search on C&H Transportation Co.I know it's dated 2011. I went to work for them as a 21 year old green horn and ended up buying 5 different brand new trucks with them and was leased to them until the day they closed their doors. I also bought a new Siebert 9 axle trailer in 86 and was on the Heavy Hauled division till the end. I have many memories with them and made some of the best friends I ever had ...guys that worked for C&H. Matter of fact a buddy called me 2 weeks ago from east Texas just to shoot the breeze, we met at a drill rig unloading drill pipe from Houston up in northern Wyoming in 1977 and have remained friends . IMO... From the mid 70's up until about 1990 it was great to be a Trucker! All the Fun, money !!! and just good times with good people on the road I am glad I was a part of it and would give anything to have it back ! C&H....Cold n Hungry....Cheatin- Husbands.....Cowboys n Hippie's.....Cheap n Heavy call us what you want but we were ...King of the Road ...

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed your post...........and your enthusiasm for life! but I gotta ask?? Was any of the 5 a Mack? If so please post a photo!
By Old Hand Now - Wednesday, March 12, 2014 4:10 AM
Mackdaddy, I never owned a Mack ...one cab over KW with a 380 Caterpillar, the rest 359 Peterbilts with Cats. A guy named Jay McDonald from Ft Worth owned a lot of Macks with C&H, he's probably up in "truck driver heaven" by now though. I do have some old pics of trucks and loads from my C&H days I will post up some time.
By Lynn Dearstone - Tuesday, March 25, 2014 4:00 AM
Thanks guys for bringing back some great memories. My mind ain't what it used to be but I remember a few things from my days with C&H (truck #60050, 1973 westcoast F-model with 325 V-8 Mack). Flatbeds were called floats, and everybody was called hand, could tell an owner operator from a company load by the color of their tarps, yellow and gray for O/O, and solid yellow for company. We all used Mid-Continent fuel cards, which reminds me , do you all remember the two Mid-Continent Truck Stops on each side of I-40 in West Memphis, a tornado took out the one on the east side and time took care of the one on the west side beside the old C&H terminal. Here are some of the names I remember, Jed Harrison who had several trucks leased on out of Dallas or Ft.Worth, Barney Scwartz Peterbilt salesman from Tyler or somewhere in east Texas, had all those pretty blue and white 359's, Punk and Elaine Cooper from Tulsa. Mr. Boatwright from Arizona (Phoenix I think) who was asked one day at the Houston terminal if he had ever seen it snow in Phoenix ? being the wise old man he was, he studied for a moment and replied "No but I seen it rain twice". Ole John Allman from Baytown,Tx., with his extended hood two-tone green Pete with a 318 and 5 by 4 tranny and what about "Tiny" who mostly worked local around Houston, and could stand flatfooted and clean the windshield on those CO4000 red racers. Does anyone remember "Pappy"? they said a Texas trooper stopped him one moonlit night for speeding, after checking his drivers license and seeing he was in his late seventies said "sir your eyesight can't be all that good, how far can you see ?" Pappy looked up into the sky and then spit tobacco juice on the ground and replied, "I can see the moon. How far's that". Then there was the guy who had all those Alaska trucks (silver with purple or maroon stipe if I remember right) they ran from the Tacoma yard back to Alaska. I also remember B.F. Phillips from Mc Kinney, Tx. and T-model Ford from Commerce,Tx. Talking about "Miss Iris", she could get more done than a U.S. Senator, if you had a problem Miss Iris was the solution. C&H was bought by Tyler Industries who also owned Atlas Powder, Tyler Tank, Tyler Pipe, and for some reason I think they owned or had something to do with Johns Manville, and also bought Thurston Motor Lines out of Charlotte,N.C. and shortly there after it was all gone. Man I miss all those exclusive use and 36000 mini's (and could stack them for a real good paycheck).
By 359er - Tuesday, March 25, 2014 12:46 PM
Old Hand, Did you locate the C&H truck pics yet? Patiently waiting.
By glenn akers - Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:42 PM
I had for years wondered who bought C H and had desided that they may have just shut down.
By Double Shot - Tuesday, October 14, 2014 5:12 AM
Great Forum! Years ago I bought a copy of ATHS and there was an article in it by an I T driver.I related to to him and it brought back memories from the years I drove for C&H.I went to work for them in 71 at the ripe age of 21,had to run double and our first trip was a load of Tyler pipe going to the Northwest.Brand new Freightliner cabover 220 Cummings 5 speed with 3 speed read end, black smoke just boiling out and we were trucking! I met some really good men there and learned some valuable life lessons.The Great White Father in Kansas City (terminal manager) would gather all the drivers up on Saturday morning (I think it was Saturday) and take us out for breakfast.And the man in OKC would load us up and take us out for Barbecue ,I don't recall his name but he was a big man and the seat in his car was bent back from his weight. Good people to work with and the management always treated me with respect.Some of the driver I remember were James Upchurch,DC Coyle CD Phillips,Sparks,Youngblood,Bill Preston,Jack Millan,Ed Stone Jr,Tracy Pickett,Pat Patterson,Abe Lee and many more.There was a Black man from Houston and all I ever heard him called was Mr. Love never saw him interact with anyone but always felt he a good Hand just did his job and that was what it was about.Enough already!!! Thanks for the Forum
By John Frances - Tuesday, October 14, 2014 7:28 AM
from Google Books, 1989 issue of Traffic World :

C&H Transportation ceases operations

C&H Transportation Co., Dallas, ceased operations Dec. 27, chief executive officer W. Doyle Beatenbough confirmed Jan. 3.

Founded in 1950, C&H was one of the country's oldest specialized motor carriers. It had not been profitable in recent years because of the depressed economy in Texas and the Southwest.

C&H had nationwide authority for heavy hauling and flatbed operations.

In 1984, the latest year for which figures were able to be confirmed, C&H employed approximately 375 persons and operated a fleet of 1,800 flatbed trailers.
By Old Hand Now - Sunday, November 02, 2014 5:41 PM
I remember ol Pappy. He drove a cab over KW and was from Texas. I remember being at the Denver yard one day and after they closed for the day old Pappy said well boys let's go out to the Tomahawk Truckstop and drink some beer.... and we did. lol one of a kind for sure. Pappy got his pic on the cover of Over Drive mag. one time too. Good friend of mine drove one of John Allmans 359 petes for a few years and Elaine Cooper could truck with the best of them !! Remember Calvin Osborn ? He owned about 10 trucks and lived in Dallas. I teamed a couple of loads from Houston to Fairbanks, AK with him in 77. Me and another hand got a little drunk up in North Lima, Ohio one Friday night and got into a little scrap outside the bar with a couple locals and we all got put in little rooms for the night. Terminal manager at the time was Jim Martin and he fired both of us Saturday morning but H D Moore and Miss Iris got us rehired that Monday.

Mr Love worked heavy haul and I got to know him pretty good, great guy and I never forgot what he told me one time when we were loading together... He said, It's not who you are or where you came from, it's how you act when you get there. Sure nuff !

359er I do have the pics but I have to take the time and scan them . I will post them, I kinda got busy truckin and forgot....sorry.

Some of the people I remember at C&H....

Alan and Tommy Bell- Darrel Foxworth- Joe Summers - Fritz DeArmitt - L. C. Chitwood - Lenard Moody - Preacher Brown - Phillip Gee - Moon Mullins - Ronnie Upchurch - Bill Waddle - Bill Kindly - Zeke Pillar - to name a few . Time is getting on and I can't remember a bunch of their names now but they were real truckers for sure !!
By glenn akers - Sunday, November 02, 2014 10:58 PM
I remember Lenard Moody.And if Moon Mullins is same guy I remember he was a weight and measure man for state of okla.Both are dead.
By jeannieshoop - Sunday, December 14, 2014 4:28 AM
My dad worked at C & H in Mesquite/Dallas. He was in the permit department. His name was J.W. Farris but usually went by "Sonny". He used crutches. I remember going to work with him once. He retired from there sometime in the mid 70's I believe. This forum helped me remember the one day I went to work with daddy. Thank you guys for this forum!
By hhhuntitall - Saturday, March 14, 2015 10:28 AM
I remember the man who started C & H Transport, W.O. Harrington. Mr. Caubel was the C of C & H. Both men had dairies, struggling to make it during the depression, then with the war, were lucky enough to get government contracts for milk through W.O.'s uncles, who were veterans and current Army officers. That allowed them benefits others didn't get, such as gasoline, tires, and even equipment, since all were rationed during the war effort. W.O. couldn't find anyone reliable to haul milk, so he started doing it himself, and then for everyone in the area. When the Civil Works project was started, his government contacts gave him the opportunity to start hauling equipment and other for the military, eventually getting into heavy hauling, which was when W.O. and Mr. Cauble started C & H, with Mr. Cauble adding financial backing to purchase more trucks and trailers. W.O. and some employees built the first heavy haul trailers to travel cross-country (in the yard currently owned by Gene Carson, a former employee. The huge concrete pads they used are still there, albeit weather beaten and scarred from half a century of use), with the heaviest loads being the electric generators for the Tennesee Valley Authority. They also built custom trailers to haul the NASA Mercury/Redstone projects to Cape Canaveral from Houston. Tanks, trucks, pipe, generators..... it didn't matter! W.O. sold out his interest in the company in 1968, IIRC. I also remember W.O.'s right-hand man and Brother in law, C.W. Minor. He handled most of the farming operations and anything else that needed immediate attention. Mark was W.O.'s son... he grew up between two frame rails and could do just about anything needed! He's still a Rancher in North Texas, with his son and grandchildren.
By glenn akers - Saturday, March 14, 2015 12:59 PM
I guess that is a good reason for the government to give them a contract to haul military equipment during the Vietnam war days.That was lot of their freight in the late sixeys.
By davidadamson - Wednesday, May 06, 2015 9:44 AM
I worked at C&H twice. Both times at Joliet terminal. I was hired by Charley Woods in March of 67. I worked with him, Carl Crisp and Buddy James. Charley left i June of 67 from then on Carl and worked the office and Charley Ridenour worked the yard. At that time Harold Moore ran the Springfield terminal. It was closed and Harold opened the Youngstown Ohio terminal. I left in 1973 but came back in 1981 and stayed until 1985 as the end was coming. I remember many names from that era. Howard Smith, Ralph Griffith, Jim Redmond, J.W. Dudley, Jerry Pringle and many more. It was a great education and fun. But deregulation was the killer.
By stanchere - Saturday, May 16, 2015 2:11 AM
Trying to find drivers from C&h. Charley Tunnell was my dad. Contact me@ stanchere@yahoo.com.
By HAPPY 9269 - Thursday, May 21, 2015 4:00 AM
I worked for BELL TRANSPORTATION in the early 60's. BELL sold to C&H in 1966.I worked for BELL/ C&H until 1968 out of the Harvey, LA Terminal (later moved to Engineers Rd., Belle Chase, LA.) I am interested in corresponding with all but especially those that remember this time period. J. C. MELTON was terminal manager at the Harvey Terminal, W.W. STARR was the general manager and "Bird Legs" BEVINS was the Safety manager. Mr. BEVINS later became the terminal manager and EDDIE from BELL became dispatcher for C&H in Houston. Some of the drivers I remember: J.W. HOWELL, J.W.GARRETT, LUTHER HYDE "BIG" HYDE, ROY FURTIC, NELSON RESINGER, "COON" CARRIERE, MARVIN WHITE, CHARLES BASS, "RED" OWENS, JERRY CHISHOLM, SAMMY DYESS, JIMMY JOHNSON. I am on FACEBOOK as C&H TRANSPORTATION Memories. I will try to remember other drivers.
http://forums.aths.org/Uploads/Images/0f8229ae-058c-42d8-9af5-a8c9.jpghttp://forums.aths.org/Uploads/Images/bc6e917f-23a9-4628-a0f1-8df9.jpg
By glenn akers - Thursday, May 21, 2015 11:45 AM
I remember when Bell sold to C H
By vr1967 - Monday, June 08, 2015 3:08 PM
New here, but my father worked for C&H, Hill & Hill, J.H. Rose and a few others out of Houston in the 80s and 90s. Drove a Black and yellow Pete 359 extended hood (believe I got the model right) with about a 300" wheel base.
By driversstepson - Sunday, June 28, 2015 3:37 PM
Does anybody know who bought out C&H. My Stepdad and Mom were a team
and I'm trying to find out information about her pension for her.
Thanks
By Old Hand Now - Monday, September 07, 2015 9:37 AM
I have some old pics of when I was leased to C & H I took most of them with an old throw away Kodak and my scanners is not working so I had to take a pic of a pic. Hope it works. Some day when I have a working scanner I'll post some clear pics if it doesn't.

1st pic..Loaded for Fairbanks, Alaska . We left Dallas on Friday and we were sitting in Fairbanks Monday pm. 1300 miles of dirt Alcan highway 1976 made for a muddy ride. Double bunk Pete

2nd pic.. Hauling a mud pump from outside of Reno, NV to Houston. Needed a little help on that one. 359 Pete 3406 B Cat. 400HP

3rd pic.. Hauling a Cat excavator 245 from Houston to Wyoming. 359 Pete

4th pic.. Load of Ingersoll Rand compressors from NY to California. 359 pete

5th pic.. Big compressor from NY to Texas...359 pete..Siebert 9 axle trailer. Heavy Haul

To be continued.......Edit.... I just looked at the pics and they start from the bottom up to match up with what I posted.
By Old Hand Now - Monday, September 07, 2015 10:03 AM
A few C&H Family magazines I had laying around.
By glenn akers - Monday, September 07, 2015 12:28 PM
Thanks old Hand for the photos.I remember the road boss with three speed rears and rubber pad Hendrickson.The old cab over IHC.You may know some short cuts to Fairbanks cause from okla it used to be 3500 miles.
By Old Hand Now - Tuesday, September 08, 2015 5:41 AM
Your welcome Glenn. On that load to Alaska I had only been working at C&H for about 6 months and was driving for a guy named Calvin Osborn out of Dallas. I loaded the load in Houston and took it to Dallas and met up with Calvin, we then teamed it to Fairbanks . He was the kind of guy that was serious about getting it there ASAP !!
By cowboy 377 - Tuesday, October 27, 2015 6:05 AM
My dad Wayne Wilkerson worked for C&H from 1964-1977 he got his start from Pete Hale in OKC he was going to drive for Leroy Holt but Miss Iris told him all he would be is a rolling log book. Pete sold dad an Emeryville and hobbs trailer. Dad would wind up trading the emeryville for a Co4070 IH truck number 24020 and wind up working for Max Mcclanahan in Tulsa. I personally knew Dale Arbor Harvey Elkins Pot and Marty Martin Otis Armstrong Starvin Marvin Garrin CD Phillips Leonard and Jake Moody Bill Oldham. Great to hear about a company I grew up on. I seen an earlier thread about the terminal mgr in Oklahoma City the big guy. That was Al Burr. Every time dad would come off the road he would take the trailer to the terminal and mom and I would accompany him. We would take Al to lunch at the famous skyline cafe off of 15th and Eastern.
By Biglogtruckmike - Tuesday, November 24, 2015 5:54 PM
i work for them in1979 and1980 for a doctor in Houston and Jim Reed in Tulsa
By gottago - Sunday, June 26, 2016 4:02 PM
Hello everyone. I dropped my AHTS membership in '97 after I let the 379 go, when diesel hit $1.00 a gallon. Smarted thing I ever did (the Peterbilt). That's the third picture. Back then AHTS was basically just a magazine and a show in Iowa, and like everything else - they have grown with the internet. Great!

I was delighted that someone had dedicated a page to C&H. I worked for them until May '83, just before they folded. Nobody was getting paid.

The first picture is a 'Red Racer', a company truck - I found this picture this evening on Googlesearch while I was looking for some of C&H's advertising material.

The second picture is mine. This is a contractors truck (nameless, although I am sure the guy's passed on). The pic was taken at the New England Truck Stop just after they opened. 1983. On a trip to Nova Scotia. I try to explain to people that I made more money with a truck then-before deregulation, than most anyone will pay you now. Keeping in mind owning one truck nowdays' is a loosing proposition.

I copied the picture of the NEW Houston Terminal (LAUGH OUT LOUD) in the C&H Magazine. Those boys couldn't find their fool with a map in either the old terminal or the new one. Every driver that was any driver raised hell in Houston, and when we didn't get what we wanted we would just call the Dallas Terminal and raise hell, then Dallas would call Houston and tell them boys to straighten up, and we would get whatever we wanted. Funny as hell. Drivers would remember the Kuykendahl Road Truck Stop on I45.

I will check back from time to time. Cold and Hungry, mostly hungry aka Cute and Huggable.
By John Woge - Monday, June 27, 2016 3:28 PM
Wow ! You sure were missing out on a lot... in '97.... if you thought ATHS was only a magazine and a "truck show in Iowa ?"
By gottago - Sunday, August 07, 2016 2:34 PM
I know I was missing a lot. Buck and quarter freight will do that when you're an O/O.
By gottago - Sunday, August 07, 2016 2:50 PM
To: Old Hand Now

I cleaned up the pictures you posted as best I could by restoring them to near the original size.
By rexmoncrief - Saturday, October 08, 2016 10:26 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just randomly came across this thread. My grandfather (Charles Rex Whitten - aka Charlie or Rex) drove heavy haul for C&H for many years. I have some old photos from my grandparents album, including me in the C&H Magazine.

I posted this video a while back on Youtube from old VHS tape from C&H's closing. Thought y'all might enjoy.

By Jeff Jones - Monday, March 13, 2017 10:29 AM
Old C&H hand. Call my number please. 1 618 531 6466. Granite City & Borden town NJ.
By Brad T - Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:24 PM
had a 79KW leased to them in the early 80's - 60488. paid that one off and bought 5 trucks and a dozen trailers (biggest mistake of my life)
still remember BBQs at Preacher Brown's Bordentown yard. truckin was fun back then. anybody remember Bobby & Linda Brown, JL & Gwen McCuen, Josh Barnes, JD Helbig, DeWayne dispatcher is Casper, Jerry & Karen Evers in Corona, Yankee Pine Tree (he could stand on the ground and wash the windshield on those single-windshield Petes). Or the Cagle brothers that became C&H Freightways