General Discussion     Tech Questions     Parts & Services     Suggestions/Ideas     Help & Website Instructions     Blogs    

1984 KW W900B Electronic Speedometer Wiring

http://forum.aths.org/Topic187909.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Brian728 - Wednesday, February 06, 2019 7:16 AM
I have a mechanical speedo and want to change to electronic. the truck has the plug for electronic but wires end at the firewall. I have a white wire with the number P52AF-6 and 2 blue wires with a red stripe that have a G150SP and G150SU. I know 2 need to go to the speed sensor. Any help with these wires would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Brian
By Geoff Weeks - Wednesday, February 06, 2019 2:19 PM
Most electronic speedos use 4 or 5 wires, positive and ground, two sensor wires and often an extra wire for use when two speed axles are used.
I'd be willing to bet the two blue with red tracer are the sensor wire and the extra white would get power from a two speed axle switch if used.
Sensors are not generally polarity sensitive (neither lead is grounded) so it doesn't matter which way you wire them to the sensor leads.
Done a bunch of trucks and they all seam that way. Converted my Marmon to electronic and added 2 spd axles and that was how it was done.
By Brian728 - Thursday, February 07, 2019 5:31 AM
Thank you Geoff, that is what I needed to know.